Saturday, November 14, 2009

ACCEPTING WHAT IS DONE IS DONE

I have learned so many lessons in life lately. I guess it's just part of growing up. I've experienced happiness, hurt, betrayal, paranoia - a salad of feelings.

I've been hurt... very hurt a lot of times this year. I cried a river. Nah, I think that's just understated. I cried an OCEAN. There were nights when I wasn't able to sleep. But at the end of those storms, I learned that people make mistakes. Sometimes, people just don't know what they are doing. This means that, if in the past people have behaved badly towards you, it wasn't necessarily because they meant to be horrid, but because they were as naive, as foolish, as human as the rest of us. They made mistakes in the way they brought you up or finished a relationship with you, or whatever, not because they wanted to do it that way, but because they didn't know any different. I make mistakes too. And I realize that I made one only after I have hurt someone. Realizing that we have made a mistake and feeling sorry for it make us a person, a real one. But I am not giving anyone license here to hurt anybody just because of the reason that we are all human.

What I want to point out is learning the lesson. You can let go of any feelings of resentment, of regret, of anger. You can accept that you are a fabulous human being because of all the bad things that have happened to you, NOT INSPITE OF THEM. What is done is done and you need to just get on with things. You could let all these things get you down, fizzle away internally like some emotional acid making you ill and resentful and stuck. But you should let them go, embrace them as character-forming and in general as positive rather than negative.

To end, let us learn to accept what is done is done... TO LET GO OF THE BAD MEMORIES AND TO RETAIN THE GOOD ONES... There is no going back, only forwards. So friends, KEEP MOVING FORWARDS!


P.S.

VJ Ruado wants to hear from you! If you want to suggest a topic, ask an advice, or just comment on my blog posts, just press the 0 comment/s icon below. If you are not a member of the Blogspot, you may choose the option OTHERS as your identity and please don't forget to put your name so I can include you in my next post's acknowledgment. Keep reading! Thank you.

5 comments:

  1. hi Mr. VJ,

    I'm a fan, and I want you to know that I'm proud of you; for all your accomplishments, for accepting some stepbacks, for living your life in God's light, for just being who you are. You probably don't know it, but you inspire me, and I want you to continue on with what you're doing. I love you and I miss you!

    Your soon to be "biggest" fan,
    ate Marz

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Ate Marz!

    So happy to know you that are reading my blog. You probably don't know it too that I get inspired by people who tell me that I inspire them through what I do. I hope this post is of big help to you and to others! Keep believing! :D Love you ate.

    Your biggest fan since my birth in CE,
    VJ

    ReplyDelete
  3. i enjoyed reading your blogs veej! i guess there are some things I can relate to..in one way or another...keep it up! see u at david's teahouse...harhar!

    -ate dha

    ReplyDelete
  4. i couldn't say anything but..
    thank you for this one Kuya VJ.

    God bless.. keep moving forward.:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. @ Ate Da:

    Thank you Ate Da. Keep reading. :)

    ReplyDelete