Wednesday, April 18, 2007

TAKING RISKS

Risks.

Are you afraid to take risks? If yes, appear (Give me five)! Being a perfectionist, I was afraid to take risks. I was the kind of person who’s scared to lose a game and fail. I preferred not to play the game if I know I’ll lose. I wanted everything to be sure-ball, a success. Take note, I used past tense verbs because those were before – the past. Because of life’s tests and trials that I’ve experienced, I’ve learned to take risks. I learned to always try again after falling down.

Friends, don’t be afraid to commit mistakes and fail. Because it is in those mistakes and failure that we learn the lesson, that we know how to make things right.

Prison Break.

I was browsing the net last week and saw that Prison Break is the number one (#1) topic being searched in Yahoo that day! Intrigued, I searched it in Wikepedia. The synopsis got me curious so when I went out of AUP last Friday after receiving my Comprehensive Exam 2 Result Letter, I bought a pirated DVD from my suki vendor (where else can I get cheaper and updated DVDs, diba?Aminin nyo na, bumibili din kayo ng Pirated DVDs. Defensive???). I started watching last Saturday night and finished the first season yesterday. So far, after watching the first season, I can confidently comment that the series is indeed very interesting. Every episode leaves you hanging…which makes you crave to watch the next episode. It keeps you glued to the tube.

For those people who lives in Mars and have never heard of Prison Break, the story revolves around a man who was sentenced to death for a crime he did not commit and his brother's elaborate plan to help him escape his death sentence. That’s it, for if I’ll give more information about the series, it won’t be interesting for you to watch anymore.

Lesson learned: Indeed, blood is thicker than wine. Yun lang. Hehehe…

Dream. Believe. Survive.

I’m not talking about Starstruck here but DREAMGIRLS. At last, I’ve seen the movie na. I love it – the songs, the powerhouse cast and their powerful voices, and the story. I never knew Eddie Murphy and James Foxx can sing. Our African brothers and sisters are truly gifted. As of today, I haven’t seen/heard a Black person who cannot sing. Their golden voice is, I think, in-born.


If I’m asked who’s better between Jennifer Hudson and Beyonce, I’d say both are very good singers. I’d be unfair if I’ll say Jennifer Hudson. Yes, Jennifer Hudson indeed showed her singing prowess in the movie. She also acted very well. She gave justice to the Effie role. She really deserved the Oscar. Beyonce on the other hand was also good, but I think she was advised to act soft and sing like Tina Turner of The Supremes (because this musical is based on the story of The Supremes). So friends, the issue here are the roles. In reality, both of them are really good. But because of their roles, they should act, sing, and project like that of the character so it is really unfair to compare these singers. Nagkataon lang talaga na the role Jennifer Hudson, Effie, is really more domineering if you compare it with Beyonce’s role as Deena Jones.

Lesson learned: Never give up in reaching for your dreams. Believe in yourself. Survive the pool of tests and trials. Do what you really love to do.

My Music Pick for the Week.

From the movie DreamGirls, I’m introducing to you Beyonce’s “Listen”.

Listen,
To the song here in my heart
A melody I start But can't complete
Listen ...MMM.. to the sound from deep within
It's only beginning To find release
Oh, the time has come for my dreams to be heard
They will not be pushed aside and turned
Into your own all cause you won't Listen....

[Chorus]
Listen,I am alone at a crossroads
I'm not at home, in my own home
And I tried and tried To say what's on my mind
You should have known
Oh, Now I'm done believin' you
You don't know what I'm feelin'
I'm more than what, you made of me
I followed the voice you gave to me
But now I gotta find, my own..

You should have listened
There is someone here inside
Someone I'd thought had died so long ago
Ohh I'm free now and my dreams to be heard
They will not be pushed aside and turned
Into your own
All cause you won't Listen...

[Chorus]

I don't know where I belong
But i'll be movin' on
If you don't....If you won't....
LISTEN...
To the song here in my heart
A melody I start But I will complete
Oh, Now i'm done believin' you
You dont know what I'm feelin'
I'm more than what, you made of me
I followed the voice, you think you gave to me
But now I gotta find, my own...MY OWN...

Try this.

Pa-tweetums and pa-cute cute in pictures is not uso anymore…maybe in my case. I’ve tried a new pose/position…Jumping/Floating/Above-the-floor/kakaibang level! Whatever you call it, try it! Enjoy.





Vocabulary Dictionary.

Jombag (Jhom – bag) , verb. To punch, box, jab using a fist.

Use it in a sentence: “Tumigil ka nga dyan, jojombagin na kita!”

*Thanks to Ma’am Tere of RCBC for the word. Isn’t it obvious? That’s the word she used pag-naasar na sa akin.

Favorite Text Messages I Received Lately.

“ 2 things in life u have 2 take mental note of:

Don’t make any decisions when ur ANGRY…
and never make any promise when ur HAPPY! ”

- From Ma’am Marchie Mercader

VJ’s Comment: Agree!

“ The greatest mistakes we make are the risks we didn’t take…if you think something will make you happy, go for it so that you won’t live your life asking ‘wat if’ and telling yourself ‘if only’.”
- from a Concerned Citizen ( Actually, di ko kilala ang nagtext)


VJ’s Comment: Buti nalang I didn’t make a mistake in deciding to take again the Compre Exam 2 kung hindi nagsisi na ako ngayon. Whew! Salamat Lord.

Acknowledgment.

Kuya Eric Baroy Mahinay. Thanks for being an avid reader.

To that Anonymous Reader. Thank you for dropping by and for the appreciation. Keep reading po.



*To the readers: You can comment on this post by pressing the Ocomment/s icon. If you are not a member of the BLOGSPOT, you can choose the option Others as your Identity and please don't forget to put your name so i can include you in my next post's Acknowledgment. Thank You!

2 comments:

  1. VJ..good day.I have this blogsite which I just found a week ago...pls do visit it and don't forget to join..kay atu ning mga bisaya: www.bisdakplanet.net


    kuya eric
    www.ericsplace.co.nr

    ReplyDelete
  2. VJ, Im surprised you never got into Prison Break till just recently! Seriously! :D It doesnt matter because you are now, so yeah, thats all it matters. Hehe. You know, everyone in my family is hooked on it. It started last year when I showed it to my brother, then he showed it to my parents. The rest is history. Now, they cant wait till they can watch Season Two. Speaking of which, Im watching that right now. A little advice for you, try watching it in an extremely slow pace. I know its hard to stop because you really do get glued to the show but yeah, its best to slow down when you watch it na. Because then, when you finish Season Two, youll have to wait for next year for the third season. :) So yeah, take your time when watching it. Hehe.

    Anyway, keep up with the posting. Youre doing a great job. Take care and have fun with your OJT.

    Mwahness.

    ReplyDelete